Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- AWA Bruce Kelley 1929 QSO Party2300Z, Nov 9 to 2300Z, Nov 10 and 2300Z, Nov 16 to 2300Z, Nov 17
- QRP Fox Hunt0200Z-0330Z, Nov 13
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, Nov 13
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Nov 13 and 1900Z-2000Z, Nov 13 and 0300Z-0400Z, Nov 14
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Nov 15
- QRP Fox Hunt0200Z-0330Z, Nov 15
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, Nov 15
- YO International PSK31 Contest1600Z-2200Z, Nov 15
- ARRL EME Contest0000Z, Nov 16 to 2359Z, Nov 17
- LZ DX Contest1200Z, Nov 16 to 1200Z, Nov 17
- All Austrian 160-Meter Contest1600Z-2359Z, Nov 16
- REF 160-Meter Contest1700Z, Nov 16 to 0100Z, Nov 17
- Feld Hell Sprint1900Z-2059Z, Nov 16
- RSGB 1.8 MHz Contest1900Z-2300Z, Nov 16
- ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB2100Z, Nov 16 to 0300Z, Nov 18
- Homebrew and Oldtime Equipment Party1300-1500Z, Nov 17 (40m) and 1500-1700Z, Nov 17 (80m)
- Run for the Bacon QRP Contest0200Z-0400Z, Nov 18
- QRP Fox Hunt0200Z-0330Z, Nov 20
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, Nov 20
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Nov 20 and 1900Z-2000Z, Nov 20 and 0300Z-0400Z, Nov 21
- AWA Bruce Kelley 1929 QSO Party