Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Mar 21 and 1900Z-2000Z, Mar 21 and 0300Z-0400Z, Mar 22
- NAQCC CW Sprint0030Z-0230Z, Mar 22
- RSGB 80m Club Championship, SSB2000Z-2130Z, Mar 22
- QRP Fox Hunt0100Z-0230Z, Mar 23
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Mar 23
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, Mar 23
- CQ WW WPX Contest, SSB0000Z, Mar 24 to 2359Z, Mar 25
- FOC QSO Party0000Z-2359Z, Mar 24
- UBA Spring Contest, 6m0600Z-1000Z, Mar 25
- SKCC Sprint0000Z-0200Z, Mar 28
- QRP Fox Hunt0100Z-0230Z, Mar 28
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, Mar 28
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Mar 28 and 1900Z-2000Z, Mar 28 and 0300Z-0400Z, Mar 29
- UKEICC 80m Contest1900Z-2000Z, Mar 28
- CWops Mini-CWT Test