Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- 4 States QRP Group Second Sunday Sprint0000Z-0200Z, Aug 10
- SARL Youth Sprint1200Z-1400Z, Aug 10
- Worldwide Sideband Activity Contest0100Z-0159Z, Aug 11
- MMMonVHF/DUBUS 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest1500Z, Aug 11 to 1459Z, Aug 13
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Aug 11
- NAQCC CW Sprint0030Z-0230Z, Aug 12
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, Aug 12
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Aug 12
- VHF-UHF FT8 Activity Contest1700Z-2000Z, Aug 12
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1900Z-2000Z, Aug 12
- CWops Mini-CWT Test0300Z-0400Z, Aug 13
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Aug 13
- QRP Fox Hunt0100Z-0230Z, Aug 14
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Aug 14
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, Aug 14
- SARTG WW RTTY Contest0000Z-0800Z, Aug 15 and 1600Z-2400Z, Aug 15 and 0800Z-1600Z, Aug 16
- ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest0600 local, Aug 15 to 2400 local, Aug 16
- Russian District Award Contest0800Z, Aug 15 to 0800Z, Aug 16
- Keyman's Club of Japan Contest1200Z, Aug 15 to 1200Z, Aug 16
- Tisza Cup1200Z, Aug 15 to 1159Z, Aug 16
- 4 States QRP Group Second Sunday Sprint