Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- Classic Exchange, Phone1400Z, Oct 18 to 0800Z, Oct 19 and 1400Z, Oct 20 to 0800Z, Oct 21
- ARRL School Club Roundup1300Z, Oct 19 to 2359Z, Oct 23
- Telephone Pioneers QSO Party1800Z-1900Z, Oct 19 (Digital Only) and 1900Z, Oct 19 to 0300Z, Oct 20 (All Modes)
- Worldwide Sideband Activity Contest0100Z-0159Z, Oct 20
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Oct 20
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, Oct 21
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Oct 21
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1900Z-2000Z, Oct 21
- CWops Mini-CWT Test0300Z-0400Z, Oct 22
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Oct 22
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Oct 23
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, Oct 23
- CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB0000Z, Oct 24 to 2359Z, Oct 25
- Kentucky State Parks on the Air1400Z-2200Z, Oct 24
- RTTYOPS Weekend Sprint1600Z-1959Z, Oct 24
- K1USN Slow Speed Test0000Z-0100Z, Oct 26
- QCX Challenge1300Z-1400Z, Oct 26
- QCX Challenge1900Z-2000Z, Oct 26
- Worldwide Sideband Activity Contest0100Z-0159Z, Oct 27
- QCX Challenge0300Z-0400Z, Oct 27
- Classic Exchange, Phone