Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- Portuguese Navy Day Contest0900Z, May 18 to 1700Z, May 20
- UN DX Contest0600Z-2100Z, May 19
- NZART Sangster Shield Contest0800Z-1100Z, May 19 and 0800Z-1100Z, May 20
- His Maj. King of Spain Contest, CW1200Z, May 19 to 1200Z, May 20
- EU PSK DX Contest1200Z, May 19 to 1200Z, May 20
- Aegean RTTY Contest1200Z, May 19 to 1200Z, May 20
- Feld Hell Sprint1600Z-1759Z, May 19 and 2000Z-2159Z, May 19
- Baltic Contest2100Z, May 19 to 0200Z, May 20
- Run for the Bacon QRP Contest0100Z-0300Z, May 21
- SKCC Sprint0000Z-0200Z, May 23
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, May 23
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, May 23 and 1900Z-2000Z, May 23 and 0300Z-0400Z, May 24
- RSGB 80m Club Championship, CW1900Z-2030Z, May 24
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, May 25
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, May 25
- CQ WW WPX Contest, CW0000Z, May 26 to 2359Z, May 27
- Portuguese Navy Day Contest