Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, May 24
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, May 24
- CQ WW WPX Contest, CW0000Z, May 25 to 2359Z, May 26
- QCX Challenge1300Z-1400Z, May 27 and 1900Z-2000Z, May 27 and 0300Z-0400Z, May 28
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, May 29
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, May 29 and 1900Z-2000Z, May 29 and 0300Z-0400Z, May 30
- RSGB 80m Club Championship, CW1900Z-2030Z, May 30
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, May 31
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, May 31
- NCCC RTTY Sprint