Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- ARRL January VHF Contest1900Z, Jan 16 to 0359Z, Jan 18
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Jan 21
- OK1WC Memorial (MWC)1630Z-1729Z, Jan 25
- QCX Challenge1300Z-1400Z, Jan 25
- K1USN Slow Speed Test0000Z-0100Z, Jan 25
- UK/EI DX Contest, CW1200Z, Jan 23 to 1200Z, Jan 24
- BARTG RTTY Sprint1200Z, Jan 23 to 1200Z, Jan 24
- NCCC Sprint Ladder0230Z-0300Z, Jan 22
- QRP Fox Hunt0200Z-0330Z, Jan 22
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Jan 22
- CWops Mini-CWT Test0300Z-0400Z, Jan 21
- Run for the Bacon QRP Contest2300Z, Jan 17 to 0100Z, Jan 18
- NAQCC CW Sprint0130Z-0330Z, Jan 21
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1900Z-2000Z, Jan 20
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Jan 20
- Phone Weekly Test - Fray0230Z-0300Z, Jan 20
- QRP Fox Hunt0200Z-0330Z, Jan 20
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Jan 19
- Worldwide Sideband Activity Contest0100Z-0159Z, Jan 19
- OK1WC Memorial (MWC)1630Z-1729Z, Jan 18
- ARRL January VHF Contest