Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Jul 18 and 1900Z-2000Z, Jul 18 and 0300Z-0400Z, Jul 19
- NAQCC CW Sprint0030Z-0230Z, Jul 19
- QRP Fox Hunt0100Z-0230Z, Jul 20
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Jul 20
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, Jul 20
- Russian Radio Team Championship0700Z-1459Z, Jul 21
- Trans-Tasman Low-Bands Challenge0800Z-1400Z, Jul 21
- Jakarta DX Contest 40m1000Z-2200Z, Jul 21
- DMC RTTY Contest1200Z, Jul 21 to 1200Z, Jul 22
- Feld Hell Sprint1200Z-1359Z, Jul 21
- CQ Worldwide VHF Contest1800Z, Jul 21 to 2100Z, Jul 22
- North American QSO Party, RTTY1800Z, Jul 21 to 0559Z, Jul 22
- SA Sprint Contest2100Z-2259Z, Jul 21
- RSGB Low Power Contest0900Z-1200Z and 1300Z-1600Z, Jul 22
- CQC Great Colorado Gold Rush2000Z-2159Z, Jul 22
- SKCC Sprint0000Z-0200Z, Jul 25
- Phone Fray0230Z-0300Z, Jul 25
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Jul 25 and 1900Z-2000Z, Jul 25 and 0300Z-0400Z, Jul 26
- RSGB 80m Club Championship, Data1900Z-2030Z, Jul 26
- CWops Mini-CWT Test