Bron / Source: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/
WHAT WE DO
We are a global community of more than 4000 people over 60 countries building a global Internet of Things data network. We use a long range and low power radio frequency protocol called LoRaWAN and for short range Bluetooth 4.2. The technology allows for things to talk to the internet without 3G or WiFi. So no WiFi codes and no mobile subscriptions.
The Internet was created by people that connected their networks to allow traffic from, to and over their servers and cables to pass for free. As a result, there was abundant data communication and exponential innovation. The Things Network is doing the same for the Internet of Things by creating abundant data connectivity. So applications and businesses can flourish.
New data connectivity technologies
New data network technologies allow for things to connect to the internet without using 3G or WiFi.
This technology is called LoRaWAN and it is perfect for the Internet of Things as it is low battery, long range, and low bandwidth. Imagine a network that can be used without cumbersome WiFi passwords. mobile subscriptions. and zero setup costs.
Because the reach is very high and the cost of the equipment is low, covering an entire city can be done with a small investment. The city of Amsterdam was covered with only 10 gateways at the cost of 1200 dollars each.
Because the costs are very low, we do not have to rely on large telco corporations to build such a network. Instead, we can crowdsource the network and make it public without any form of subscription. Our mission is to enable a network by the users for the users.
Meest recente berichten
- Worked All Provinces of China DX Contest0600Z, Apr 17 to 0559Z, Apr 18
- 432 MHz Spring Sprint1900 local - 2300 local, Apr 21
- UA1DZ Memorial Cup1300Z-1859Z, Apr 25
- Florida QSO Party1600Z, Apr 24 to 0159Z, Apr 25 and 1200Z-2159Z, Apr 25
- VHF SSB/CW 2m Sprint Classic1300Z-2200Z, Apr 24
- Helvetia Contest1300Z, Apr 24 to 1259Z, Apr 25
- SP DX RTTY Contest1200Z, Apr 24 to 1200Z, Apr 25
- QRP to the Field0800-1800 local, Apr 24
- 10-10 Int. Spring Contest, Digital0001Z, Apr 24 to 2359Z, Apr 25
- K1USN Slow Speed Test2000Z-2100Z, Apr 23
- NCCC Sprint0230Z-0300Z, Apr 23
- NCCC RTTY Sprint0145Z-0215Z, Apr 23
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Apr 22
- CWops Mini-CWT Test0300Z-0400Z, Apr 22
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1900Z-2000Z, Apr 21
- RSGB 80m Club Championship, SSB1900Z-2030Z, Apr 21
- YU DX Contest0700Z, Apr 17 to 0659Z, Apr 18
- CWops Mini-CWT Test1300Z-1400Z, Apr 21
- Phone Weekly Test - Fray0230Z-0300Z, Apr 21
- RTTYOPS Weeksprint1700Z-1900Z, Apr 20
- Worked All Provinces of China DX Contest